Nursing education plays a pivotal role in the delivery of comprehensive health care and paramedical services. Envisaging the importance of nursing in the state of Jammu & Kashmir and global shortage of nurses, as one of the priority areas, the former chief minister of J&K and chancellor of The Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University , Late. Jenab Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Sahib has announced the establishment of nursing college at Rajouri, Jammu and Kishtwar.
Front View of Nursing College
Scope of nursing practice encompasses provision of promotive, preventive curative and rehabilitative aspects of care to people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings. Practice of nursing is based upon application of basic concepts and principles derived from the physical, biological, behavioral sciences, medicine and nursing
- Demonstrate awareness, interest, and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
Under graduate nursing education program prepares its graduates to become exemplary citizen by adhering to code of ethics and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations so as to respond to national aspirations.
The faculty of Nursing, Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University has been working towards the achievement of following objectives, ever since its inception:
On completion of the four year B.Sc. Nursing program the graduate will be able to.
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioural sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/ community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/ community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.