|UNIVERSITY PROCTORIAL BOARD
|BGSBU has a Proctorial system where administration of student related matters pertaining to all acts of indiscipline are delegated to the Proctorial Board. BGSBU Proctorial Board is chiefly responsible for ensuring that rules and regulation framed by Institute are being followed by the students. Dr. Pervez Alam is the Chief Proctor of BGSBU Proctorial Board.
|Some Specific responsiblities of the Proctorial Board are as follows:
1. To maintain discipline in the Institute; ensure Institue rules are understood and followed;
2. To keep an eye on the general moral behavior of the students.
3. To prevent student from indulging in any political activities on Institute premises.
|Causes of Indiscipline or indecent behavior of any student, cases of individual/ group harassment, threats, manhandling etc. are dealt strictly by the Proctorial Board.
Chief Proctor is assisted by additional pro-proctors from various teaching Departments and will have a deciding role if student involved are of their departments.
The proctorial board will have at least one lady procotor and will be the chairman for enquiry against sexual harassment, Eve-teasing or disrespectful behavior or any misbehavior with a girl student.
|The BGSBU Rules and Regulations are generally followed. However, The Proctorial Board at its discretion can add additional norms or delete existing ones separateky depending on the nature and need of the inquiry.
A Student can lodge complaint in the office of any of the authority of BGSBU including Chief Proctor/HoD.Chief Warden etc.
After reciept of a complaint it is scrutinized by the chief Proctor and he is empowered to take necessary action against the accused as per "BGSBU Rules and Regulations for students".
If chief Proctor ascertain that the offence pertains to the jurisdiction of Proctorial Enquiry Committee is setup by Chief Proctor to conduct an in depth investigation.
Proctorial enquiry is an integral anquiry of BGSBU and hence, no other person, except the board members and faculty or staff, is allowed to be present during hearings. The accused or complaints is not allowed to be represented by a thir party
|The proctorial board will follow following procedure to initiate enquiry if the complaint is ascertain:
|1. The Complainant is called for hearing and his statement is recorded.
2. The accused persons(s) is called for recording his/her statement.
3. Witnesses mentioned by both parties are listed and they are called for recording their depositions.
4. Any evidence, from security staff or other persons who were present there and had witnessed the incident, are called and their statements recorded.
5. A Cross-examination of the accused and complainant is conducted.
6. If any material evidence, like audio/video tapes/paper documents etc. is available, the same is examined. The authenticity os established from the submitted documents.
7. Finally a comprehensive report is prepared where specific charge against the accused is framed and a show cause notice is issued and accused will be suspended from classes till he submit his defense and punishment os decided.
8. The defence given by the accused persons in the show cause notice is studied and examined.
9. A report is prepared as per the "BGSBU Students Discipline and conduct Rules", appropriate disciplinary action is recommended.
10. Final report and recommendations is submitted to Competent Authority for approval & final decisions.
11. Consequently, the award of punishment is conveyed to the student duly signed by Chief Proctor and Dean of Students.
12. The Punished student has the right to appeal against the punishment and Competent Authority is the empowered authority to deal with appeals.